Aerial and scissor lifts play an important role throughout many industries. In many work situations, employees are required to perform tasks at elevated levels. Although the type of work being performed may vary between industries, these versatile lifts come in multiple models and operating applications, each presenting a variety of specific hazards associated with that lift.
According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), aerial lifts also include boom-supported aerial platforms, such as cherry pickers or bucket trucks. In most lift related fatalities, falls, electrocutions and equipment collapse are the most common. State & federal OSHA standards cover safe operating procedures for aerial work platforms. This certification course will provide attendees with information on how to maximize safety when operating a lift.
Topics addressed during this Aerial/Scissor Lift course include:
- Lift configuration, capacity, stability and reach
- Fall protection & personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Employee & pedestrian traffic
- Site specific hazards & controls
- Best management practices
- Inspection criteria & maintenance
- Proper training requirements on safe use of equipment
- Lift manufactures instructions on safe use
This training is only available as tailored, on location course instruction. Employers must provide functioning lifts at their designated training location for the practical operator tests.
Course attendees must complete a written & practical test. Upon successful completion, attendees will receive a wallet certificate of completion wallet card valid for three (3) years. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure each employee is properly trained on each specific lift prior to operation.
Refresher training may also be needed when:
- There is an incident or a near miss
- Conditions change in the workplace which could affect safety
- Employee has been observed performing tasks in an unsafe manner
- Significant time has passed, and the employee’s abilities may require retraining
Course: Aerial / Scissor Lift Operator
Course Duration: 4hrs (may vary dependent on number of attendees & lift experience)
Certification Expiration: 3 years
Course Pricing & Special Rates: Contact us for course pricing and inquire about our special rates