This forklift certification course provides attendees with the classroom and practical training required by state & federal forklift regulations. Attendees will learn how to assess, identify and control hazards at the workplace and the safe operation and maintenance of powered industrial trucks. Because of the potential danger and complexity to powered industrial truck operations, constantly changing site conditions, different make & model of equipment, and the operator’s need for additional project-specific skills, operator evaluation must also be performed by a qualified supervisor and documented by the responsible employer.
Topics addressed during this Powered Industrial Truck certification course include:
- Load configuration & securement
- The stability triangle
- Lift capacity and reach
- Adequate stopping distances &surface conditions
- Employee & pedestrian traffic
- Site specific hazards & controls
- Pre-inspection criteria
- Lift manufactures instructions on safe use
Course participants shall be 18 years or older and must complete a written and practical forklift test. This training is only available as tailored, on location course instruction. Employers must provide functioning forklifts at their designated training location for the practical operator tests.
Course attendees must complete a written & practical test. Upon successful completion, attendees will receive a certificate of completion wallet card valid for three (3) years. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure employees are properly trained on each specific lift prior to operation.
Operator refresher training is also needed when:
- Operator has an incident or a near miss
- Operator is assigned to a new powered industrial truck
- Operator has been observed operating the lift truck in an unsafe manner
- Conditions change in the workplace which could affect the safe operations of a lift
Course: Forklift Operator Certification
Course Duration: 4hrs (dependent on number of attendees & experience)
Certification Expiration: 3 years
Course Pricing & Special Rates: Contact us for course pricing and inquire about our special rates