Course attendees will gain knowledge of the OSHA Lockout / Tagout (LOTO) standard. Lack of hazard awareness and knowledge in hazardous energy control can result in serious injury or even death! Therefore, state and federal standards require that all Authorized & Affected Employees shall be trained to ensure they have the knowledge and skills necessary for the safe operating procedures of LOTO.
Authorized Employees: Shall be trained on hazardous energy control procedures, in addition to the hazards related to performing activities required for; repairing, servicing, cleaning, adjusting and unjamming machinery and equipment.
Affected Employees: Shall be trained on the purpose for the Hazardous Energy Control Program, as well as the prohibition against restarting or reenergizing equipment or machines, which are locked out or tagged out by Authorized Employees. Affected Employees shall receive the full range of training as those who are authorized.
Topics addressed during this Lockout / Tagout course include:
- LOTO awareness
- OSHA standards
- LOTO Procedures
- Types of LOTO Devices
- Employer responsibilities
- Types of hazardous energy
- Group Lockout procedures
- Work continuing across a shift
- When Lockout / Tagout is needed
- Authorized & Affected employees
- Main causes of injuries & fatalities
Course attendees must complete a written test. Upon successful completion, attendees will receive a certificate of completion wallet card valid for three (3) years. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure employees are properly trained by a qualified person on specific workplace LOTO procedures prior to the commencement of work activities.
Refresher training may also be needed when:
- There is an incident or a near miss
- Conditions change in the workplace which could affect safety
- Employee has been observed performing tasks in an unsafe manner
- Significant time has passed, and the employee’s abilities may require retraining
Course: Lock Out / Tag Out – Authorized & Affected
Course Duration: 3hrs
Certification Expiration: 3 years
Course Pricing & Special Rates: Contact us for course pricing and inquire about our special rates