Falls are the leading cause of death in the construction industry with hundreds of workers losing their lives and thousands more suffer injuries each and every year. Preventing slips, trips & falls can mean the difference between life & death. This Fall Protection Awareness course is a critical component for both employers and employees alike.
Proper training on fall protection selection, inspection criteria, use and maintenance is critical in preventing and protecting against falls from heights! This awareness course provides the basic knowledge and skills necessary to achieve a safe and more productive workplace.
Topics addressed during this Fall Protection Awareness course include:
- Swing fall
- Body support
- Fall management
- Anchorage points
- Fall hazard identification
- Fall protection & rescue plans
- Floor hole opening protection
- Engineering & work practice controls
- Inspection, use & maintenance criteria
- Fall protection, prevention, restraint & arrest
Course attendees must complete a written fall protection test. Upon successful completion, attendees will receive a certificate of completion wallet card valid for three (3) years. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure employees are properly trained by a qualified person on specific fall protection equipment & methods prior to the commencement of work activities.
Refresher training may also be needed when:
- There is an incident or a near miss
- Conditions change in the workplace which could affect safety
- Employee has been observed performing tasks in an unsafe manner
- Significant time has passed, and the employee’s abilities may require retraining
Course: Fall Protection Awareness
Course Duration: 4hrs
Certification Expiration: 3 years
Course Pricing & Special Rates: Contact us for course pricing and inquire about our special rates